TMC Logo The Master's College
A Three-Point Confirmation

It didnít take long for sixth-ranked Concordia to show The Masterís College why itís one of the nationís finest teams. Blistering the nets in an explosive first half, the Eagles raced away from the Mustangs and cruised to a 91-72 victory before a less-than boisterous Bross Gym crowd Saturday evening.

The victory kept the Eagles atop the GSAC with a 4-0 record (8-2 overall) while the Mustangs dropped their fifth straight and are now 1-3 in conference play and 3-6 overall.

Behind a trio of three-pointers, two of them from Cameron Gliddon, the Eagles raced to a 13-2 lead in the first 3:20 of play. Showing his ability around the rim, too, Gliddon finished off the early run with a dunk.

Rocked back on their heels, the Mustangs responded and closed to 17-10 with 14:13 left in the first half. Junior Anthony Cammon fueled the 8-4 spurt with a layup while sophomore Devin Dyer contributed a couple of buckets.

But, any thought of slicing deeper into the deficit was silenced by Gliddon who drilled another three-ball to trigger a decisive 9-0 burst for a 26-10 lead at the 11:48 mark. Gliddon was a perfect 4-4 from behind the arc en route to 14 first-half points.

The Mustangs never got closer than 13 points the rest of the way while the Eagles continued to sizzle over the opening 20 minutes. The advantage went by the 20-point mark with 5:17 left when Justin Johnson drained another trey for a 41-19 lead.

The Eagles enjoyed their largest lead of the half at 53-31 when Peter Smith buried the squadís seventh and final three-pointer with 39 seconds remaining. Cammon answered at the other end with a long ball and the Mustangs went to halftime down 53-34.

The Eagles shot a scintillating 65% from the field in the first half, highlighted by a 7-9 performance from behind the arc. The Mustangs werenít too bad, either, hitting at a 52% clip.

Although both clubs cooled down considerably in the second half, Concordia continued to pour it on, going up by a game-high 31 points (72-41) with 11:59 left to play. The Mustangs continued to fight on, closing the gap to 20 points (87-67) on two Joey Fuca free throws at the 2:47 mark before Ronnie Dodd finished off the scoring in the final minute to produce the final score.

The Eagles finished up at 53% from the field as Gliddon tallied a game-high 22 points while Johnson added 21.

Fuca paced the Mustangs with 18 points and dished off a game-high four assists while Cammon was the only other Mustang in double figures with 12.

Already putting this one behind them, the Mustangs now turn their attention to a Tuesday evening matchup with Holy Names. Tip-off in Bross Gym is set for 7:30pm.

Game Stats

Questions or comments?