What is a Church and Urban Ministries Servant-Leader?
A Church and Urban Ministries servant-leader is a student of Servant Leadership Staff who is actively serving the Lord in the context of their local church, models that servant-leadership to others on campus, and endeavors to shepherd others into deeper relationships and increased involvement in their church and community.How do I know if being a Church and Urban Ministries Leader is right for me?
The Church and Urban Ministries servant-leader is one who loves the Lord by loving people. As a Church and Urban Ministries servant-leader, this will manifest itself in: (1) assisting students to identify a local church, (2) shepherding students into actively fulfilling the Great Commission, and; (3) administratively assisting the Director of Church and Urban Ministries with various aspects of church and community relationships.What are the Servant-Leaders' responsibilities?
What Meetings are required?
- The servant-leader should be in regular communication with the Director of Church and Urban Ministries, so as to stay "in the know" about things happening here on campus, the local churches, and the community.
- The servant-leader should be involved in a dorm based small group and facilitate outreach opportunities for their dorm.
- The servant-leader should lead a Fall Outreach Week Team.
- The servant-leader should prayerfully consider leading a Spring Break Mission trip.
With all the requirements and responsibilities asked of a Church and Urban Ministries Servant-Leader, how many estimated hours per week will this commitment require?
- Church and Urban Ministries meetings once a month to work through administrative details and calendar planning.
- Individual once a month meetings with the Director of Church and Urban Ministries.
- Monthly Servant-Leadership Staff meeting (once a month).
The estimated amount of time required with Church and Urban Ministries involvement on campus will be 3-4 hours a week in the fall, and 2-3 hours a week in the Spring. This may or may not include individual meetings with students, which may cause one's time commitment to increase. How do I become a Church and Urban Ministries Servant-Leader?
Is there any monetary compensation?
- Acquire, complete, and return the SLS application.
- Meet with the Director of Church and Urban Ministries.
- Be approved for leadership by the Application Committee.
No, this is a volunteer position.What if I still have more questions?
You can stop in at King Hall and talk to Dr. Alex Granados, call him (661-259-3540 x3745), or email him (email@example.com
).2009-2010 Church and Urban Ministries Servant-Leader Staff
- Amanda Clare
- Albert Hernandez
- Hector Hidalgo
- Adam Howard
- Jenny Trees