Welcome to the Financial Aid website specifically for Teacher Credential students. For additional questions, please contact your financial aid counselor, Angie Kay.
(contact information below)
The financial aid application process for the Teaching Credential Program is much the same as that of the General Undergraduate Program. We will need the following items from each student:
- Financial Aid Application (current students should complete the renewal application on MasterNet)
- Any additional documents requested by the Financial Aid Office
Students in the Teaching Credential program can qualify for most federal and institutional aid.
- Academic Scholarships
- Pell Grant
- Cal Grant (current recipients only)
- TMC Grant
- Teacher Ed Departmental Scholarships
- Work Study
- Stafford Loans
|Academic Scholarship Levels|
Cal GrantCal Grant recipients can request a one-year extension of their Cal Grant to cover their credentialing expenses. Students who are not currently receiving Cal Grant are not eligible.
Loan Forgiveness ProgramsThere are a number of loan forgiveness programs available to those going into the teaching profession.
APLE-Assumption Program of Loans for Education
Apply before completing the Credentialing Program
- The APLE is a competitive teacher incentive program designed to encourage students to become California teachers in subject areas where a critical teacher shortage has been identified or in designated schools meeting specific criteria established by the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Visit the California Student Aid Commission website for more details.
Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program - FFEL and Direct Loan Programs
Apply after five (5) consecutive, complete years of full-time teaching
Perkins Loan Forgiveness
Perkins Loan forgiveness is available to individuals who have served 12 months in eligible field. Perkins Loan deferment is available during the 12 months of serving leading up to forgiveness.
- For detailed information on Perkins Loan Forgiveness, visit www.uaservice.com.
- To apply for Perkins Loan Deferment, click here.
- To apply for Perkins Cancellation, click here.
Click here to download and print an informational brochure on financial aid for the
Teacher Credential Program.
Click here to contact the Financial Aid Office for additional information.
Contact the Teacher Education Department for information on other institutional scholarships.
For more information, contact
|The Financial Aid Office|
|Rutherford Hall, Box 38|
|Tel: (661) 362-2292|
|Fax: (661) 362-2693|
|Office Hours: M-F 8:30am - 5:00pm|