Connecting Personal PCs and or Other Devices to Campus Ethernet Ports
Faculty and Staff connecting any non Computer Services issued computer, peripheral, and or other devices into any Ethernet network jack on the TMC campus is strictly prohibited. Due to malware such as viruses and trojan horses, this poses a security threat to the network and will result in your office network port being shut off. As a general rule, you should not be connecting/disconnecting your network cable or switching the jack where your PC network cable is plugged into without first consulting Computer Services.Connecting Personal PCs and Other Devices to the TMC Wireless Network
Computer Services does not support the connection and or use of personally owned PCs, computer devices and peripherals on the TMC wireless network for faculty and staff. This includes personally owned desktops, notebooks, printers, scanners, PDAs, Blackberry devices, iPhones, and other smart phones. All supported PCs, computer devices and or peripherals for faculty and staff use must be approved and purchased through Computer Services. There are no exceptions.
Faculty and staff may attempt on their own efforts to connect to the TMC wireless network with their personal notebook, PDA, or smartphone. However, they should be aware that they will not receive additional support by Computer Services, and face the possibility of losing wireless connectivity at home after connecting to the TMC wireless network due to possible conflicts in wireless configuration. Computer Services does not offer technical assistance to resolve home wireless issues.PDA and Smartphone/iPhone Support Policy
Faculty and staff may choose to attach their personal PDA or smartphone to their TMC issued computer via serial, USB, or Bluetooth connection, but with clear understanding that they will receive no technical support from Computer Services and be aware of the following stipulations.
1) The user is completely responsible for the installation and troubleshooting of the device along with all associated software.
2) Users should be aware that any self installed software may cause conflicts with TMC software and could result in significant downtime for the user. Computer Services does not provide priority service for such incidents.
3) Computer Services reserves the right to prohibit the installation of any PDA or smartphone by the user if there are known or repeated conflicts with the TMC network or software.
4) Computer Services is not responsible for missing or lost information on a user's smartphone or Exchange/Outlook mailbox when the cause is due to a smartphone related issue. In the event that a user's data becomes corrupt or lost, Computer Services will make a best effort attempt to restore the user's mailbox from the last weekly network backup. The time required for this process may take up to 5-10 business days.
5) In the event that the user receives a new computer from Computer Services during the normal update cycle, the user is responsible for the reinstallation of all PDA and smartphone software and transfer of data.
6) Due to corporate security and human resource policies, the use of POP and SMTP for email is not allowed by faculty and staff. However, the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
protocol is available to provide a reliable and secure method of sending and receiving data.
7) Smartphone users wishing to connect to the faculty and staff e-mail server must use an Exchange ActiveSync compatible phone. The following is the ActiveSync URL required for connection to the server.
If you require connection assistance, please contact your wireless service provider such as AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon for complete installation and configuration support. Their technicans have been specially trained and are best qualifed to handle questions regarding your particular smartphone.https://exchange07.masters.edu/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSynciPhone users should take note of the following required settings for connection:Server: exchange07.masters.edu
8) After configuring your phone, you will need to open a browser on your phone and select the button to accept the TMC SafeConnect network usage policy before you can connect to the wireless network for the first time.